The roof of your home is easily the most exposed part to various elements. It endures harsh sunlight, rain, and snow. That is why roof maintenance and cleaning should be on top of your priority list, whether you are thinking of home improvement or just general maintenance.
Ignoring the “health” of your roof will eventually lead to roof repair and roof replacement, which are significantly more expensive. Regular maintenance will add more years to the life of your roof. Just like they say, prevention is better than cure.
Maintenance is especially important if you have asphalt shingle roofing. While asphalt shingles are durable, you can further extend its life by ensuring that you maintain it regularly.
Roof maintenance is made more accessible by using membrane, an innovative roof replacement alternative that rejuvenates and protects your shingle roof, extending the life by at least 5 years.
Call DuPage County Roofing today at (630) 403-8944 for your Free Consultation!
Essentials of Roof Maintenance
Roof materials, especially asphalt shingle roof, are made to last for years. However, with its daily exposure to various elements, your roof can surely use some help to last longer. Roof maintenance is quite easy, and doesn’t have to be expensive.
Here are a few maintenance tips that you can do to extend the quality of your roof:
- Regular roof inspections – Roof inspections should be a regular part of your home maintenance schedule. As a rule of thumb, you should evaluate and inspect your roof at least twice a year. If you have the budget, you should have a professional roofing company conduct the inspection at least once per year. It is also essential to inspect your roof after every storm. Remember not to damage your roof during your inspection. Wear rubber-soled shoes to prevent any damages and ensure your safety.
- Remove any debris – Debris is the most common cause of roof damage. It can slowly damage your shingles, tiles, or shakes. When debris accumulates on your gutters or the valley between where two roof surfaces are joined, it may introduce moisture which could weaken the roof. Organic debris such as leaves, branches, and other similar materials may also cause mildew, fungi, and mold, which are difficult to remove and control. Make sure to remove any debris at least once a month, especially if you live in an area with a lot of trees and other greeneries. Check for debris on the gutters more frequently during rainy seasons as clogged waterways will damage roof materials.
- Replace any missing parts – If you notice any missing parts during the inspection, immediately replace it with proper roof materials to prevent further damage. Broken or missing parts introduce more damages such as rotting, mold, mildew, roof leaks, and more. Weak spots in the roof will allow elements more access, which will further weaken the entire structure.
- Avoid power washing – Power washing has gained popularity in the last few years as power washers become more affordable. While it is effective in removing stains in other parts of your house, it is not recommended to use a power washer on your roof. The intense pressure can introduce unseen damages and drive water underneath shingles or tiles. This will lead to mold, stains, and mildew, which will cost you more to remove.
- Trim trees – Trees and its branches are common sources of damages on your roof. While trees help cool your house down by reducing exposure to the rain or harsh sunlight, they can also introduce severe damages to the roof materials. Leaning branches will gouge and scratch your roof when the wind blows. Falling branches, especially large ones, can cause cracks and punctures, especially on shingles. Leaves often cause clogs that will weaken the general roofing structure. You do not have to remove overhangs completely, but a regular trim will prevent these damages to your roof.
Roof maintenance should be an integral part of maintaining the quality of your house. You can easily do the tips described above. However, it is crucial to allow a professional roofing contractor to inspect at least once a year. They are more trained to spot potential issues that need immediate attention.
Improve roof quality through the application of Roof Max. It preserves the durability of your roof materials, which extends its life further. It is an affordable solution that prevents damages and other issues from further damaging your roof.
Better Roof Life with membrane
Asphalt shingles are durable roofing solution that are perfect for various structures, especially in areas with extreme weather changes. The roof material expands and contracts, which ensures leak prevention. In hot summer months, the temperature can increase up to 150 degrees, which causes the roof the expand. Rainy weather causes thermal shock, which quickly causes extreme contractions.
Essential oils in asphalt shingles allow these movements. However, as the roof material ages, the oils deplete which make the shingles brittle. Losing the ability to expand and contract during temperature changes will make it susceptible to damages.
membrane is an all-natural formula that will prevent loss of oil in your asphalt shingles. It extends the life of your roof up to 5 years. Even with a damaged roof, it can re-saturate brittle and dry shingles using microbeads containing organic oils. It rejuvenates your entire roofing system which restores its flexibility.
membrane is your all-natural roof maintenance solution, delivering 5 years of additional life to your roof at a fraction of the cost of roof replacement.
Call us today at (630) 403-8944 for your Free Consultation!
Best Roof Maintenance Company
We are your roof maintenance company in DuPage County, and our business is rapidly growing. Our solutions are available in over 250 locations in 400 cities across 44 states, and are excited to deliver these same solutions to our local community.
membrane is our patented, scientifically-formulated roof rejuvenating solution. It is easy to apply, and 100%. Our green roofing solution saves your time and money. membrane can give new life to already damaged shingle roof with its organic microbeads.
Free Roof Maintenance Consultation
Start saving money and time with an effective roof rejuvenation by membrane!
Our roofing experts are ready to answer any of your questions. Years of experience providing roofing solutions ensures that we are your next service provider. If you are in the DuPage County area, we are just moments away from saving your roof from damages. We cannot wait to discuss potential roofing solutions with you.
For a Free Consultation, call us today at (630) 403-8944.