Extend Roof Life Willowbrook
Asphalt shingle is the most affordable roof material around, causing it to be popular among Willowbrook residential structures. Millions of homes in America take advantage of its versatility and durability. It can endure different weather conditions.
Just like any roof system, asphalt shingle comes in various qualities and roof cost. Premium shingles have a roof life of up to 25 years. Others may only live up to 10 years before showing significant wear and tear.
Severe weather conditions, high winds, and other elements can take a toll on your roof system. Depending on the quality of your asphalt shingles, you may need roof repairs or roof replacement sooner than you expected. Hence, it is important to extend roof life as much as possible to save on expenses and time for such a major project.
Good thing, membrane is an advanced solution that can save you from the stress of a deteriorating roof!
Call us today at (630) 403-8944 for your Free Consultation!
Basics of Asphalt Shingle Roof
Asphalt shingle roofs are made of granules that protect it from various physical damages, including harmful UV rays. Without this element, the shingles would rapidly degrade under the harsh sun.
While asphalt shingles are durable, they are not strong enough to withstand constant weather changes. Physical damages caused by large branches, or even whole trees, can cause cracks that will further damage the entire roof system. Severe storms can cause significant damage, as well.
That is why it is important to constantly check your Willowbrook roof for any damages after any severe weather conditions. Aside from wet weather, hot summer days can cause the shingles to become brittle. Attics can reach up to 160 degrees or more. Along with dry winds and harsh sunlight, your roof is being fried from both sides.
Additionally, common cleaning methods using power washers can damage asphalt shingle roofs. The high-pressure of the spray will knock off granules from the shingles. The more you clean the roof using pressure washing, the more granules are removed from the surface. Harsh cleaning chemicals can also dry out the oils that make the shingles durable and flexible. Brittle shingles are easily damaged, which shortens the roof lifespan.
membrane Extends the Lifespan of Your Roof
Our Willowbrook roof experts recommend professional roof inspection every three years. You must also evaluate the condition of your roof system after each severe weather condition. Roof maintenance and roof repair are essential to extending the life of your roof. You need to identify small cracks and other damages early on so you can patch it up before it cause worse problems. A professional performing a routine inspection will know exactly what signs of damage to look for.
membrane makes it easier to maintain the flexibility and durability of your roof. By maintaining the quality of the grains in the asphalt shingles, your roof will last for more years to come. Additionally, by rejuvenating the oils that make the shingles pliable, you can avoid invisible cracks that stem from brittle shingles.
Ohio State University led a study that tests the effects of the membrane technology on a typical asphalt shingle which are as follows:
- Shingle pliability – Applying the all-natural membrane formula rejuvenates the oils that make the shingle flexible. It allows your roof to last through physical damages brought by weather, leaf buildup, and other conditions.
- Protective top coating – Aside from refreshing the essential oils that make the asphalt shingle stronger, our patented membrane formula improves adhesion of the granules. This strengthens each shingle which extends its life even when it was damaged before the treatment.
- Shingle permeability – membrane restores the permeability of your asphalt shingle roof which is very similar to new ones. This will allow your roof to “breathe,” making sure that the temperature under the surface is regulated. Moreover, improved permeability prevents the build-up of moisture, reducing the risk of mildew, mold, and fungi.
- Improved impact – The rejuvenation of essential oils allows the asphalt shingles to restore its durability. It is important if you experience hail, which is a common source of cracks in the shingle. While noticeable damages can be easily be fixed, especially if you conduct regular roof evaluation, cracks under the surface will cause significant issues down the road.
- Maintaining fire resistance – Most, if not all, asphalt shingle roofs are resistant to fire. While other roof materials such as underlayment are susceptible to fire, asphalt does not catch fire easily. membrane consists of an organic formula that preserves this characteristic of the roof system. Unlike other chemicals, membrane improves the strength of the asphalt shingle roof without introducing any weaknesses.
membrane application extends your roof life by 5 years per application, and can be applied up to 3 times for a total of 15 years of enhanced roof life! For a fraction of the cost of roof replacement, you can repair and rejuvenate your roof to it’s original luster.
Best Roofing Company
We are your local membrane treatment providers in Willowbrook, Illinois. Our patented, 100% all-natural formula is completely safe for application around pets and plants. Its sole purpose is to rejuvenate the flexibility of your asphalt shingle roof. This allows the roof to expand and contract as the temperature and the weather changes.
Aside from refreshing the essential oils in the granules of asphalt shingle, our experts are also available to assist you in evaluating your roof system. Detecting even just the smallest defects will ensure that you have peace of mind for years to home.
Call us today at (630) 403-8944 for your Free Consultation!
Free Consultation to Extend Your Roof Life
If you are noticing damage to your asphalt shingle roof, contact us immediately. Our Willowbrook roofing company specialists start by discussing the specific issues that you have on your roof. Knowing all roofing problems that you experience will allow us to suggest accurate solutions. We will further evaluate your roofing system to ensure that all potential damages are fixed before applying membrane. We cannot wait to discuss your next roofing project!
Call us today at (630) 403-8944 your Free Consultation!